Kansas City Federal Reserve President Esther George sees "predominantly upside" risks to her outlook and favors further rate hikes.
Key quotes (Source: Reuters)
- The Federal Reserve should continue to raise interest rates and "carefully calibrate its policy to lean against a potential buildup of inflationary pressure or financial market imbalances.
- Sees inflation rising to 2 percent this year.
- Expects continued moderate economic growth and tighter labor markets.
- Says "important" to continue raising interest rates.
- Asset prices may have become distorted due to Fed's balance sheet.